Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Do you Believe?

Hello everyone! Tori here to bring you a fun little project I made last night using Smeared Ink's Faes unmounted rubber stamp set. I really, really love these little guys....and if you like them, you better hurry up and get them because they're being retired! They are available for ONLY $16 on our website (go to SHOP and then SPECIALS) but only while supplies lasts!

So, last week I tried a new technique using gesso and my NEW BEST FRIEND - the heat gun. I really liked the results I got from it, so I wanted to play with it some more (that's what she said, tee-hee). This time, I started with a box that i had left over from some Christmas chocolates that one of my work vendors had sent to me...it's a cute little box and I probably have 5 of them laying around waiting to be used. I took the box apart so I could lay it flat and then i applied a thick layer of gesso to it. Then, I heated it up with my heat guy to create the wonderful texture you see below. It's so awesome!

After that, I painted my box with purple and green acrylic paint and left it to dry. Then, I went and chose two of my favorite faes and colored them with my prisma color markers, white ink gel pen and some glitter glue - set aside to dry. By this time, my box was all dry and ready to play with me, so I punched some holes around the edges so I could thread some silver twine to hold the box together. I really liked the look of the silver with the purple and green so I used some around the top and also tied little bows on each side. Last, I adhered my faes to the box along with the sentiment "Believe"... and VIOLA! I hope you like it, thanks for stopping by!!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment